Hey guys! So I was poking around on Etsy last week and found one of those floral letters that people use for decor in their rooms or as sorority letters. I couldn’t believe how much they were charging for them! The prices were like $40+ for most of them. So, I decided to see if I could make one myself. I went over to a Michael’s craft store and managed to get everything I needed for just about $12!
Here are my tips to get your supplies for cheap:
- Join the Michaels Rewards program!
- Check RetailMeNot for coupons (there’s a coupon on there like 90% of the time)
- Use multiple coupons at once! I used a 40% off one item coupon as well as a coupon for 25% off my entire purchase. This saved me a ton off my total purchase.
- Shop the flowers that are on sale!
Make sure that you purchase flowers that go well together!
This is the full list of the items you’ll need:
- A canvas or wood letter
- Enough flowers to cover the letter
- Hot glue gun
Okay so let’s get this tutorial on the road.
First, start with a large blank letter like this one:
Next, cut the stems off of the flowers you picked!
Next, take the big flowers and cut the stem all the way off to the base of the flower. Put them on the letter to see how you’d like them to look.
Now, it’s time to get out a glue gun. Personally I got mine on clearance at Target after Christmas. For some reason it was considered a seasonal item so I got it for like $4.
Glue the large flowers on!
Last, take the smaller flowers and glue them into the crevices to bring the whole look together. Ta-dah! All done. See, easy! You can do this tutorial in less than a half hour. It will look so cute hanging in your room!